Staff Software Engineer - Wild Rift
Job Id: REQ-0005145
Riot software engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, and we also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains.
As the Staff Software Engineer – Wild Rift, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the team. Our Engineers are player-focused, and aim to find solutions that make players excited to experience our game. We collaborate across all disciplines including Art, Audio, and Game Design. You will work with our primary development partners, across multiple locations, to lead the updates to our game engine, content creation tooling, and pipelines so developers can deliver amazing experiences to our players.
A successful candidate will have recent coding experience with mobile and/or console game engine development and tools and pipeline development with a focus on content delivery (3D, Art, Audio, VFX). They will need to be able to think strategically but also have a desire to be in the details.
- Drive technical architecture, design, and implementation of VFX and rendering game engine changes
- Drive technical design and implementation of tools and pipelines to improve content development workflows
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be responsible for, the quality and maintainability of your team's code-base
- Work with tech leadership to drive technical directions and uphold quality standards
- Mentor and coach engineers
- Work with large sets of varying requirements and driving technical decisions
- Drive collaboration and understanding in a cross-disciplinary, globally dispersed, multicultural teams
- Oversee the technical execution to help deliver high-quality art content
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of content tools, pipeline development, and game engine changes to support content development.
- Experience as a Technical Leader with the ability to help set technical vision and develop roadmaps
- Experience performing technical design evaluations and defining requirements
- Experience developing game engine and rendering software
- Expertise with C++
- Experience with modern 3D software packages (Maya, 3D Studio Max, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with artists and developing content (3D, Audio, VFX)
- Experience working on Game as a Service (journey from production to ship and beyond)
- Knowledge of modern 3D content development workflows
- Experience developing pipelines for multiple platforms (mobile/console) games development
- Experience working with globally dispersed engineering teams
- Experience working with Unity and Unreal
- Experience with graphics engineering
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).