Technical Product Manager III, GPS
Job Id: 4958
As a Technical Product Manager III in Global Player Support (GPS), you will make a direct and measurable impact on Riot's ability to protect the total player experience. GPS Platform powers our player support agent-facing tooling, internal Riot-facing tools, and player-facing self-service systems. You will be successful through effective communication, earning the trust of cross-functional stakeholders, and data-driven product management. If you enjoy solving complex technical challenges at scale, this is the role for you!
- Lead the team's product lifecycle and technical direction to scale our platform for high-volume traffic and multiple customer groups with their own unique requirements.
- Evangelize a technical vision and drive alignment across leadership, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams that contribute to the support and operation of multiple games.
- Provide regular communication and transparency on risks and progress to ensure relevant teams understand product strategy, individual impact, and rollout plans.
- Build and maintain a creative environment, escalate personnel challenges, support developers, serve as custodian of team health, and cultivate a culture of success.
- Use data and analytics to understand the users' needs, identify opportunities, adjust milestones and prioritize delivery.
- Partner with cross-functional groups to determine product and technical delivery requirements, establishing and documenting the essential architecture and interfaces.
You will report to a Manager of Product Managers.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Technical Product/Project Manager.
- Experience leading the requirements gathering, design, and delivery of scalable production web services.
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and product strategy related across multiple organizations.
- Experience managing backlogs, roadmaps, user journeys, and product releases.
- Experience leading engineering teams to ensure the products they build meet the needs of the partners and customers that use them.
- Experience with ideating and delivering solutions for ambiguous and undefined technical spaces.
- Experience coordinating multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
- Experience deep-diving data, generating insights, identifying business opportunities, garnering support, and executing on them.
- Experience developing internal products, systems, and services in a consumer-focused technology group at a global scale.
- Experience partnering with Engineering Managers to provide feedback and growth opportunities to Engineers on the team you lead.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).