Software Engineer II - League, Devices
Job Id: REQ-0005589
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the chance to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and existing technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer II on the Devices Team you will report to the team’s Engineering Manager in our Bellevue office. Using your expertise in multi-platform game engine development, you will help bring League Engine to a wide array of gaming devices. You will collaborate closely with other disciplines, including quality assurance, creative, and production, in building solutions to the evolving technical challenges that face multi-platform game development. You will support internal developers as customers, unlocking their ability to develop performant multi-platform games, by creating tools, abstraction layers, and clear documentation.
- Write and review code to implement the team’s product vision
- Build expertise of League Engine codebase
- Work with globally distributed teams to improve League Engine performance optimization, tooling, and measurement efforts across multiple platforms
- Promote adherence to engineering excellence including: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, and documentation
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with practical knowledge in multi-platform game engines and systems development
- Deep understanding of optimization strategies that emphasize meaningful improvements to performance in critical systems
- Expertise in C++ and low-level debugging
- Expertise in hardware architecture with an understanding of fundamental difference between device architectures
- Experience in software device abstraction and interop
- Experience with mobile, console, and PC operating systems and platform SDKs
- Development experience in rendering software (DirectX, OpenGL, Metal)
- Experience shipping a cross-platform game
- Experience working with globally dispersed engineering teams
- Experience with disassembly debugging
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).