Business Strategist III - Esports, Organized Play
Job Id: REQ-0006013
The Business Strategist III - Organized Play, works as part of a cross-functional team to develop and implement strategies to develop our esports ecosystems for Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and our upcoming fighting game Project L. Reporting into the Head of Organized Play, you will take your knowledge of participation focused esports and help develop strategies that bridge the gap between our Global Esports team and Game Development teams.
- You will collaborate closely with competitive operations, broadcast, insights, publishing, and game teams to ensure that decision-makers are armed with information about our sports to make the best decisions possible.
- You will help develop competitive formats and systems that can support hundreds of thousands of participants around the world.
- You will help drive innovation around our business model, looking at how technology can help unlock new opportunities.
- You will partner with R&D teams to help guide our esports strategy for new games.
- You will be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor, helping teams prioritize, negotiate and remove obstacles to ensure high-quality product launches.
- You have 5+ years of experience in esports or sports management
- You have experience working with partners, both internal and external.
- You are a fan of sports or esports.
- You have proven expertise in the esports business.
- You have experience supporting a variety of products at the same time.
- Familiarity with the Fighting Game Community.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.