Senior Music Product Manager - Riot Music Group
Job Id: REQ-0006040
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As Senior Music Product Manager, Music Universe on Riot Games Music, you will report into and work with the Initiative Product Lead to drive strategy, creative execution, and delivery of long-term strategy, franchise planning, IP expansion, and artist development within the K/DA universe. You will engage deeply with the community and player data to ensure that the team is delivering resonant content, maintaining a singular focus on providing the best possible player experience. You will work closely with our production squads as customers to ensure the work your team delivers sets them up for success. You will define what success looks like for the team and help inform thematic roadmap strategy for K/DA while evolving them into a thriving franchise both from a business and player perspective.
- Leads product vision, road mapping, and development throughout the product life cycle, accountable for product health and results - ultimately ensuring we build and iterate on resonant products that support Riot’s strategy and goals.
- Accountable for developing vision, product strategy, and success measurements, successfully aligning stakeholders (investors, upstream/downstream dependencies). Makes decisions that balance fan/players' needs and the team’s ability to execute.
- Evangelizes vision and strategy that guide teams to build highly resonant products and experiences that delight their customers.
- Validates product hypotheses, and rigorously investigates customers’ behavior to identify problem areas and confirm opportunities. Constantly refine their market/customer knowledge and understanding of customer problem spaces through discovery and analysis.
- Manage and improve the team’s maturity, performance, health, and happiness via continuous improvement.
- Lead a music development team to brainstorm and deliver new K/DA narrative and product experiences.
- Manage the team backlog and stakeholder expectations, oversee work in progress, and contribute to business prioritizations and planning.
- Partner closely with our insights, strategic advisory, and finance teams to create plans that drive revenue for our products.
- Collaborate with teams across Riot to create moments that elevate Riot’s player and fan experience while growing our products.
- 8+ years experience in a Product Management or similar role
- Deep, practiced knowledge of product strategy or product development, and have expertise in aligning product roadmaps with desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience leading efforts with significant initiative- or company-level impacts.
- Experience working in Agile production environments, and have managed product backlogs and know your way around a product roadmap.
- Experience with League of Legends, the music associated with it, and understand the virtual artistry industry.
- Core understanding of Riot’s audience, their desires, motivations, and needs.
- Experience developing virtual artists or products associated with virtual worlds.
- Experience working in a product development life-cycle that required repeatable, reliable, and high quality content development.
- Experience working in a product development life-cycle that required iteration on product strategy based on building hypotheses, reviewing results, and balancing creative influences and opinions against those results.
- Core understanding of the K/DA audience, brand, and history.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.