Head of Global Event Strategy - Entertainment, Events & Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0006039
In 2009, Riot released its debut game League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and has spawned a rich entertainment ecosystem including more games, music, film and TV and consumer products and now Riot has a second title, the blockbuster new blockbuster game Valorant. The new frontier for Riot is commercial live events, based on our characters, games, IP and music universe.
That’s where you come in.
The Head of Global Event Strategy (Executive Producer) leads and manages the strategy, revenue forecasting, business plans and production of all our commercial events within Global Entertainment. You will fill the role of the executive in charge of production and will use your expertise to strategize, scope and scale our event plans and hire the team to execute the production of large and small-scale events for live and virtual audiences all over the world. In this role, you will build business cases and measure the impact of our portfolio of events and help us build Riot into a world class live events brand.
Reporting to the VP of Global Music & Events, you will partner cross functionally, globally and with external entities to further our creative vision within the constraints of a sound business plan to also drive Riot’s wider business goals. You will identify internal and external partners to manage the creative production strategy, manage appropriate vendors and agencies that can provide outstanding events to our fans, provide support to every aspect of the show production and optimize monetization/cost controls whilst also delivering superior player value.
As a Head of Global Event Strategy you will be passionate about high-impact cultural moments that have clear ROI and support player experience and positive brand awareness. This position isn’t just about repeating the current playbook. We want someone who will come with fresh ideas and new thinking including using emerging technologies and platforms to engage our very active, passionate, Gen Z global player base. You and your team will partner closely with Esports Content Services, Commercial Partnerships, Publishing, Marketing, CPX, Games and Entertainment to deliver authentic, IP and story driven experiences that will blow our players minds.
- Build the full global events strategy and plan; including being accountable for the appropriate KPIs, revenue targets and success metrics
- Partner closely with Marketing Events leader to balance portfolio of events globally meeting revenue goals and also delivering player and marketing value
- Ensure a clear well carried out cadence of activities that will support building Riot’s brand globally and super serve our players
- Develop a revenue and cost forecast for all of our events using your experience, historical data and bottom-up estimation based on the scope, location, and complexity of the shows.
- Be accountable for ROI and monetization of events in line with our values to be the the most player focused game company in the world
- Directly lead the global events team to build our commercial portfolio of events, including concert touring, virtual events, permanent sites, temporary immersive site specific installations, theatrical partnerships, escape rooms, festivals, VIP/on-site experiences, services, logistics etc
- Collaborating closely with Esports Content Services to fill production, broadcast, and transmission needs where appropriate and leverage existing partnerships .
- Negotiate deals with global promoters, venues, partners, brands and vendors
- Develop a high functional global team, fostering a positive and healthy environment. Assess headcount needs and allocation, cross functional capacities that can be leveraged and develop and performance manage individuals on the team.
- Partner with the global leadership, BD and Insights to support event host-city selection and assess production and technical viability, based on the show's creative vision.
- Create and develop relationships with the industry, agents, production companies, creative agencies, promoters, vendors and governmental institutions required to execute at a world class level
- When needed, become operationally involved in events at the Executive Producer level and work hands on to ensure successful delivery of events.
- 10+ years experience running global events at fast-growing companies and delivering a revenue producing events portfolio.
- Experience in leadership positions, guiding global teams through the development of live events, shows, TV or film productions.
- Experience with large-scale events for 10,000+ attendees, virtual events and immersive experiences.
- Hands-on experience as a senior production manager, with a solid background in operations, and the finance and legal aspects of production.
- Experience with events broadcast, in any of its multiple forms.
- Strong knowledge of Event Marketing: event management, logistics, and marketing
- Proven experience in collaborating with high performing teams that have a strong culture and exceed targets
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, prioritizing projects, and communicating updates to internal and external customers
- Empathetic, passionate leadership towards crafting outstanding experiences and running/mentoring an impactful team
- Data-driven, budget-conscious, creative problem solver
- Outstanding agency, promoter, vendor management and relationship building capabilities.
- Gaming Experience - Knowledge of our IP and gaming culture
- Festival Production
- Experience in Immersive Theater/Holograms/AR/VR/Innovative Platforms
- Event production and strategy in Asia, EU and LatAm
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.