UX Design Intern
Job Id: 5090
As a User Experience Design Intern, you'll play a critical role in shaping the player experience for a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The problem space will often encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking methodologies and take a systematic, data-informed approach to ensure experiential continuity across all product and platform touch points. You'll work from concept through development to define the player experience using contemporary UX tools and design systems, and collaborate with other designers to achieve your objectives.
In your application, you will select which product you prefer to apply for:
League of Legends
As a UX Design intern on League of Legends, you will work closely with UX, game designers, and software engineers. Responsibilities for this role would include identifying problems, ideating on creative solutions, communicating your proposals, and most importantly empathizing with the player experience. During your time here you will be paired up with a mentor to help sharpen your design process, thinking, and overall design skills. We are looking forward to meeting someone that can provide a fresh perspective to the next generation of League players!
As a UX Design Intern, you will work with a group of UX and Visual Designers within our Player Platform organization, which is the hub for our game experiences across desktop, web, mobile, and consoles. You will apply your interaction design skills to help us ensure experiential continuity across these platforms and touch points -- including understanding audience needs and generating delightful solutions.
As a UX Design intern on VALORANT, you will work closely with UX, game, and visual design partners to guide the execution of a design feature or project. During your internship you will be paired up with a mentor and team and expected to be a key contributor to VALORANT’s design culture. You will sharpen your design thinking while working with the unique constraints of a live game, and be expected to flex your player empathy. You will apply your design skills to shaping the player experience for a game that millions of people dedicate their time to across the globe.
- Support high-level design in developing user experience flows
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations for proof of concept and implementation
- Work with other designers and Product Managers to determine problems and propose solutions
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes)
- Enrolled in a college, university, or non-degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Experience with contemporary UX tools like Adobe XD, Figma, or similar
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- A background in user experience design, interaction design, visual design, psychology, or computer science.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, collaboration prioritizing the delight of players. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you! Our team fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We encourage collaboration and celebrate different backgrounds.
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio
- Test that your portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00PM PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).