Principal Product Manager - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0006140
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience. The Watch Experiences initiative is Riot’s big bet in reinventing the fan experience for watching esports. You can read more about that in our CEO’s blog, “Calling the shot: the Next Five Years at Riot Games.”
In this role as the Principal Product Manager you will be focused on a variety of aspects of the product including watch and social experiences. You will be working with other Product Managers, UX Designers and Software Engineers to bring game changing products and experiences to market. You will also work together with our product business senior leaders to ensure what we are building achieves the business and strategy objectives that we have set.
This role reports to the Director of Product Management for Riot Esports Tech R&D.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and mentor a team of product managers focused on the watch and social experiences
- Partner with the various business owners across the esports division to understand their goals, objectives and priorities, and work with your team of product managers to translate that into a product development strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of customer motivations, trends and needs in the watch experience domain domain so you can anticipate future shifts in customer needs and incorporate that into long term product design thinking
- Work closely with the design and software engineering teams to ideate, prototype, and distill the product strategy into a set of feature areas that the team will focus on
- Build relationships with product management leadership in partner organizations to ensure we have alignment on product design and user experience concepts
- Working with your team, produce detailed feature designs for experiences that we build and ultimately deliver to fans
- 7+ years of experience as a product manager or business leader driving strategy for large scale products.
- 7+ years experience delivering multiple large scale, long duration global projects spanning multiple business units or companies
- Strong alignment to servant leadership principles and the value and importance of ensuring psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams
- Experience working in med-large size organizations where collaboration across organizational boundaries is critical to success
- Experience leading product management and direction with external development teams
- Management experience in game development, esports, or entertainment industries
- Passion for esports and Riot’s games
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.