Staff Security Engineer - Information Security, Identity and Access Management
Job Id: 5186
Riot Security Engineers hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop security capabilities which help protect Rioter experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers by protecting our internal environments.
Our Rioter Security team's mission is to provide secure network and identity platforms for Rioters from which to build outstanding experiences for our players. Reporting directly to the IAM lead, you will architect and develop policy based authentication services, implementing identity federation standards and driving automation practices within the group to get Rioters and Partners the access they need as they need it. From collaborating with other Security teams to working with multiple teams across the spectrum of Riot, everything we do is an effort to protect Rioters.
- Support a modern, scalable, and security focused set of internal identity platforms and practices across Riot.
- Collaborate across Riot Engineering to deliver a policy based access control strategy backed by strong authorization engine based controls.
- Guide an "automation first" approach to service offerings such as SSO integrations, access controls, and identity lifecycle operations.
- Identify and resolve emergent issues within Okta tenants
- Participate in departmental strategy for IAM Roadmap
- Maintain and provide support for Okta and Active Directory integrations
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise IDP's
- Expert knowledge of delegated authentication standards
- Experience communicating technical goals and objectives to partners.
- Strong track record of applying automation for repeatable tasks
- Robust programming experience in Python and/or Go.
- At ease with Terraform (Terraform\Desired State Configuration)
- High level knowledge of SCIM standards and schemas
- Comfortable communicating in distributed environments and cultures.
- Working familiarity with principles of JIT, JEA, PBAC/RBAC, and Least Privilege access structures.
- Experience with different cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, GCP, or AWS
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with tools like Postman
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with tools such as Burp Suite
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.