Senior Software Engineer, Riot Direct Automation
Job Id: REQ-0006294
Riot Direct builds the infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally and securely at scale, ensuring the highest levels of network performance and quality for our players. If you are looking to have a direct, positive impact on the people who play and love our games, please join us to help make Riot the most player-focused game company in the world.
As a Software Engineer II on the Riot Direct Automation Team, you will report to the Senior Software Engineering Manager - Riot Direct and work with a team that develops software solutions to ensure the secure, scalable operations of Riot's global networks, working with the network and operations teams to solve essential problem areas in the network automation and infrastructure-as-code spaces. An engineer with technical depth and a problem-solving mindset will excel in this role, as you will not only create solutions for daily tasks, but work as a team to identify broader engineering opportunities for Riot.
- Expand the capabilities of our network device configuration automation pipeline
- Automate infrastructure and service rollouts using Infrastructure as Code
- Contribute to the evolution of our network monitoring and alerting platforms
- Independently troubleshoot production issues
- Expose functionality to other internal Riot teams with APIs, slackbots, etc.
- Produce documentation related to the services and software the team supports
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Participate in an on-call rotation for high-priority incidents
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience working on networking systems and with associated major routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Experience with distributed systems and maintaining web services
- Experience with development pipelines such as docker, docker-compose, and Jenkins
- Understanding of modern software design patterns and paradigms, especially around infrastructure services, APIs, backend/fundamental services, scalability, testing, and reliability
- Familiar with software development life cycle management
- Experience with Nornir or Naplam
- Experience working with large-scale, production networks
- Familiarity AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Marathon/Mesos, etc.)
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging systems such as Prometheus, Loki, Grafana, etc.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.