Manager, Software Engineering - VALORANT - Front-end
Job Id: REQ-0006476
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager at Riot, you’ll predominantly serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability. You’ll also offer creative solutions to organizational design.
As an Engineering Manager on the Valorant team, you will help lead the delivery of new features and content to a live, tactical shooter on multiple platforms. As a leader on our Platform Extensions - Front End team, you will concentrate on building the front end features for Valorant to players. Besides working with and leading the engineers on team, you will have strong collaborations with the UI and UX design teams. You will report to the Senior Manager of Engineering of the project.
- You will be both Technology Leader and People Manager for a group of 4-8 engineers
- You will participate in discussions about our product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your team(s).
- You should know what’s being built and why. We are concerned with velocity, execution, quality, and technical debt.
- Your tone is positive and productive. It’s up to you to surface issues, opportunities, wins, and address them head-on.
- You will establish teams that are balanced, functional and strongly aligned with Riot values.
- You will help ensure our teams are healthy. We want team members to be motivated, encouraged, and perform well.
- Where do people want to grow? What role is next for them? How can we help them to get there? We will hold them accountable for getting there while providing mentorship, coaching, and support.
- You can handle tension within and around the team. This could mean keeping a calm head, helping resolve conflicts or responding to emergent issues.
- Experience directly leading a software delivery team of 5 or more engineers
- 5+ years experience as a hands-on software engineer.
- Experience across multiple systems and languages
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
The Manager in this role will lead a team working on front-end UI changes within the Unreal Engine. Ideal candidates will have broad experience which cover 1 or more of the following:
- Professional experience building Games, preferably with Unreal
- Experience building UI/UX
- Multi-platform development experience (PC, Console, Mobile)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).