Animation Artist, Characters - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006521
As a member of the Animation team, you bring our Agents to life through classic animation principles and body mechanics. You will create high-quality animations for an ever-changing team, still set about growth and exploration. Your experience should show that you understand great and explosive timing, large contrast in silhouettes, and are keen to bring a sharp aesthetic to the gaming world. Besides expanding our agent lineup, we have gunskins and a plethora of new features currently being devised. You will be working with many disciplines to ensure we provide the best experience for our players.
- Create high quality animations for Valorant team. This includes Agents, gunskins, and all new feature work being developed.
- Review animations with your team, and provide artistic and technical feedback.
- Work with internal developers in ideating and troubleshooting animations.
- 2+ years of experience creating high quality animations in gaming or entertainment
- Working Knowledge of Maya or similar 3D animation software
- Understand body mechanics, acting, posing and storytelling techniques
- Understand physical motion, weight, balance, texture, form, and all other animation principles
- Excellence in collaboration and communication
- Prior experience in game/film/cinematic development
- Formal animation training
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.