Senior Software Engineer, Wild Rift
Job Id: REQ-0006750
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Software Engineer for the Wild Rift Shanghai team, your role is to optimize the maintain the current building pipeline and toolings, and own the build, release, and deployment of the game within development environments, other sites, and external (playtests, Cert, beta, live). To secure the success of the game, you are expected to work closely with design to avoid pitfalls and leverage opportunities associated with first-party platforms and internal technology.
- Act as the technical reference for all aspects of release and build for the project on all platforms
- Lead the build & release team to support the core pillars while ensuring that we anticipate issues that might arise (e.g. deployment, stability, bandwidth, security, scaling, architecture, operations, etc.)
- Evangelize about the “proper” build & release practices that can be applied within the context of the project
- Work with the co-team to ensure the stability of the build, release, and deployment systems of the game. Put in place the necessary automated tests, tools, and training required to equip the whole programming team with the means to preserve stability while building features
- Work with the designers, artists, and production teams to maintain and improve workflow and turnaround speed of the content
- Productivity of the team (and adapting/managing change)
- 5+ years experience in a Build/Software Engineer role
- Proficient in Java frameworks, scripting language (python, groovy, etc.)
- Fluent in Jenkins pipeline + Groovy scripting
- Solid knowledge in the backend systems and network
- Experiences with AWS are a plus
- Bachelors in CS, Math, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Clear communication and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Business fluency in Chinese and English, and can drive effective collaboration across language and culture
- 10% travel to Riot & Tencent offices in Shanghai and LAX
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).