Manager, Software Engineering - VALORANT - Foundations Console
Job Id: REQ-0006826
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Engineers join Riot to become masters of their craft. They bring a deep passion for helping bring joy to players via technical solutions. In Foundations, we focus on the game engine, content pipelines, developer workflows, and other critical core capabilities. As the Engineering Manager of Valorant's Foundations Console team, you will lead a team responsible for how we bring VALORANT to console players, as a multi-platform continuous delivery studio. Your team will design and build solutions for areas such as patching and content delivery, performance and reliability management, console certification and releasability, and tooling that enables fast iteration and validation at scale. This role will report to the Engineering Manager on Foundations, Client Tech.
- You will be both Technology Leader and People Manager for a group of 4-8 engineers
- You will participate in discussions about our product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your team(s).
- You should know what’s being built and why. We are concerned with velocity, execution, quality, and technical debt.
- Your tone is positive and productive. It’s up to you to surface issues, opportunities, wins, and address them head-on.
- You will establish teams that are balanced, functional and strongly aligned with Riot values.
- You will help ensure our teams are healthy. We want team members to be motivated, encouraged, and perform well.
- Where do people want to grow? What role is next for them? How can we help them to get there? We will hold them accountable for getting there while providing mentorship, coaching, and support.
- You can handle tension within and around the team. This could mean keeping a calm head, helping resolve conflicts or responding to emergent issues.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Software Engineer
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
- Experience across multiple systems and languages
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
The Manager in this role will lead a team working on reusable systems, platform integrations, and developer workflows specific to supporting multiple console platforms in addition to PC. Ideal candidates will have broad experience which cover 1 or more of the following:
- Professional experience building Games, preferably with Unreal
- Multi-platform development experience (At least two of: PC, Console, Mobile)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).