Senior Market Researcher - 17 Month Contract
Job Id: REQ-0007121
As a Senior Market Researcher on the EMEA Insights team, you will dive into highly ambiguous problem spaces, applying a variety of research methods, and collaborating closely with our regional Publishing, Enterprise and Esports leads, stakeholders, external research agencies and other Insights embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of our player audience and potential audiences. This will be a 17 Month contract position. During this contract you will work from the Dublin office in a Hybrid role.
You will be accountable for market research efforts (quantitative and qualitative), and for driving opportunities at the regional level for EMEA, including market landscape and brand tracking, top-of-funnel product health metrics, audience sizing and profiling, and anything else necessary to measure our regional level goals and commitments. You will synthesize all data into relevant insights about our products, brands, relevant competitors and conditions emerging in our regional markets to inform strategy in EMEA.
We will ask you to work with regional leadership in evaluating our existing portfolio, and determining how we can further develop and market our top-tier games and products. Performance in this role requires creativity, willingness to try, fail, and try again at a new approach until it's working.
- Develop and execute projects that improve our understanding of the gamer audience to grow the audience and increase audience investment in our multiple IPs
- Create and socialize regional market research to understand gamer preferences
- Collaborate with global research teams to understand what other research projects are in flight
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and regional insights teams
- Design focus groups internally or with help of an external agency
- Generate recommendations for brand/growth strategy
- Share your results with other Rioters and leaders in clear, illustrative presentations
- Mentor junior team members
- Owner of new/existing relationships with research vendors
- BA or BS in Psychology, Economics, or other research or social science discipline
- 5+ years of experience in market research
- Expertise in writing and fielding surveys for understanding sentiment, needs, and preferences
- Hypothesis-driven experimentation skills with emphasis on quant research techniques. Comfort/familiarity with helping a team test, learn, and iterate
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to structure out nebulous spaces
- Experience working in or with research agencies (budgeting, timelines, etc.)
- Comfortable designing/leading user discussions or moderating focus groups
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has a creative mindset
- Experience in the tech, gaming or media/entertainment industry
- Familiarity with statistical methods for data analysis, such as clustering analysis, Conjoint, MaxDiff, or similar
- Open paid time off
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Flexible benefits allowance
- Vision allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
For this role we will not be able to offer relocation or sponsorship
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!