Staff Software Engineer, Store - Valorant
Job Id: REQ-0007301
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Staff Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will be responsible for building metagame client features and scalable backend services for Store systems throughout VALORANT. You'll influence the technical direction for how VALORANT services are built, scale and are operated in production, and collaborate with design to build smooth and intuitive player-facing in-game experiences. All the store and monetization systems you design and build will be “Player Focused”, which means that they will be built in a way where players choose to engage with them rather than feeling pressured to engage with them.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Store team.
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards; demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Design, build and deliver in-game client features enabling players to have a world-class experience
- Design, build, and deliver large scale backend services to support millions of players
- Collaborate closely with producers, game designers and UX experts
- Mentor and grow other engineers on the team
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- BS degree of equivalent experience
- Experience with C++, C#, Java, Golang, or similar language(s)
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Professional experience building large scale backend systems or game services
- Professional experience building player- or user-facing frontend experiences (e.g. web, mobile, game)
- Professional experience working with the Go programming language
- Professional or academic experience working with C++
- Professional or hobby experience working with Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.