Job Id: REQ-0007610
As the LCS Commissioner, League of Legends North America you will be responsible for collaborating in the creation and execution of the vision for our flagship product, the LCS. You will also ensure that the product vision is aligned with the global League of Legends Esports strategy.
You will drive the efforts of operating and further building a thriving competitive ecosystem for League of Legends in North America. You will be the representative of the LCS alongside the Director of Americas LoL Esports for our professional teams and their owners, the media, fans, and our partners. You will drive the vision, strategy, and execution of NA LoL Esports, including the Tier 2 system, and you will represent the region’s context and specifics in global strategic discussions.
Your strategic vision, product management skills, deep operational craft, and passion for Esports and the LCS will establish a new standard in professional Esports.
Your focus will be to create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and esports organizations, as well as focus on developing new strategies and products that drive innovation, increased engagement, and long-term sustainability for the regional value chain. You will be the lead driver to deliver value to our fans and partners, providing resonant and memorable experiences as well as strong commercial performance. To achieve this, you will develop and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders and teams from our local and global teams of publishing, content services, competitive operations, and business development and key external stakeholders including team ownership groups and the press. This role will require travel as we support events working inside the US. Expected travel is up to 5-10% per year.
You will report to the Director of LoL Americas Esports to align your strategy and vision with our overall esports strategy for the region, and will be accountable to Global LoL Esports leadership.
- Define and execute a 3-year vision in alignment with the LoL Americas product strategy Set clear goals and track results.
- Manage the LCS P&L, prepare and present insight, plans and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Partner with our LCS franchise partners, understand their strategic and operational objectives, needs, and wishes, and create a transparent feedback loop between the LCS and the franchise partners.
- Develop and design a fan experience that puts fans first while being commercially viable for the league and teams.
- Act as a fusion point between competitive operations, business development, finance, and regional leadership.
- Manage external relationships, including fan communication, partner engagement, and media relationships, to continue to grow the LCS.
- You will be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor, helping teams prioritize, negotiate and remove obstacles to ensure high-quality outputs.
- You will use data and players’ insights to find opportunities and drive decision-making around product and fans’ experience.
- 8+ years of product leadership experience in sports, tech, or entertainment; experience in online / offline esports competitions.
- You know how to develop trusted relationships and achieve results through influence across organizations, senior leadership.
- Profound knowledge of the esports industry globally.
- Experience with the League of Legends game and its ecosystem.
- Experience communicating a clear product strategy.
- You know how to accomplish deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups.
- The ability to travel as needed for finals and international meetings and events.
- Experience organizing live events.
- You know how to accomplish deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups
- Experience with esports business from the league operator and pro team perspective.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $173,100.00 - $241,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.