Software Engineering Intern
Job Id: 5586
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
Applying to this role will provide eligibility for all software engineering roles open across our products. We will do our best to match you with a product and team that fits your interests and experience, but note that it also depends on availability.
- Collaborate closely with other developers to create player-facing features for League of Legends, Player Platform, TFT, or VALORANT
- Build back-end services to allow our games to take advantage of shared social, client and platform features
- Write code to handle processing real time data of our various game teams
- Learn to operate services on a global scale for millions of players
- Build and maintain SDKs and APIs that are used by internal game customers to power their games
- Currently enrolled in a computer science, engineering, or related degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks remotely in our US based offices
- Authorized to work in the country that you reside in during this remote program.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Coding experience with an object-oriented programming (OOP) language i.e. Java, C++
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with software development best practices like unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, CI/CD
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Applications Close October 31st, 2023 at 12:00pm PT
Riot Internships are paid, and interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Remote Only) The hourly rate for this internship is USD $58.65.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).