Analyst, Gameplay - Unpublished R&D Product
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic mentorship about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
The gameplay team working on an exciting new game in R&D focuses on crafting core game systems and content to build new experiences that will delight players for years to come. As a key member of this team, you will identify and execute on analytics opportunities to support the entire product lifecycle -- from initial feature ideation through post-implementation evaluation. This role emphasizes using quantitative analysis -- including supporting generation and implementation of gameplay telemetry, developing quantitative models of game health, and generating foundational reporting and dashboards – to drive a deeper understanding of how players engage with core game systems. If you’re looking to leverage your analytics toolkit and collaborate with designers and product owners to build new game experiences, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Partner with product teams to generate frameworks and insights that craft how gameplay experiences are built
- Identify the most significant gameplay questions and partner with data and engineering to implement the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
- Build targeted, actionable analyses and visualizations to answer the team’s most pressing gameplay questions
- Leverage your storytelling skills to effectively share your results with other Rioters
- Invest in building competence in traditional user research techniques (survey design, player labs) to support a small, cross-functional Insights team
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Minimum of three years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Expertise in SQL
- Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau
- Experience working on a AAA game is highly preferred
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).