Analyst, Gameplay - Unpublished Tactical FPS
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic mentorship about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). The gameplay team on the project focuses on crafting core game systems and content to build new experiences to delight players for years to come. As an important member of this team, you will identify and work on analytics opportunities to support the entire product lifecycle -- from initial feature ideation through post-implementation evaluation. You will emphasize using quantitative analysis -- including supporting generation and implementation of gameplay telemetry, developing quantitative models of game health, and generating foundational reporting – to promote a deeper understanding of how players engage with core game systems. You will report to the Senior Researcher on the team.
- Partner with product teams to create frameworks and insights that craft how gameplay experiences are built
- Identify gameplay questions and partner with data and engineering to implement the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
- Build targeted, analyses and visualizations to answer the team’s most pressing gameplay questions
- You will use your storytelling skills to share your results with other Rioters
- Invest in building competence in traditional user research techniques (survey design, player labs) to support a small, diverse Insights team
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Three years professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Expertise in SQL
- Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Advanced in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, or Tableau
- Experience working on a AAA game is preferred
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)