Senior Software Engineer - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, but we also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. Our Research and Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games.
As a Senior Software Engineer on this Unpublished R&D Product you will report into the Engineering Manager. You will utilize your deep understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. You will have the opportunity to work with state of the art technology, explore new solutions to surprise and delight our existing and future players.
- Set the technical direction and standards for your team
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making
- Manage the team’s process for delivering high-quality experiences to players, lifting the expertise and skills of people around you.
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be accountable for, the quality and maintainability of your team’s code-base.
- Drive collaboration and alignment with cross-disciplinary teams.
- This role has some amount of travel
- 7+ years of experience as a Technical Leader with the ability to set technical vision, and a clear understanding of developing maintainable code-bases and strategies for code deployment.
- C++ programming experience
- Broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of Software Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering principles to global-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working on a SaaS game, especially in the journey from production to ship
- Experience utilizing decision-making frameworks, and an ability in communicating explicit trade-offs, especially in balancing the long-term strategies and short-term tactics.
- Bilingual - Mandarin-speaking
- Experience programming in C
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.