Character Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As a Character Artist at Riot, you will bring champions to life by crafting and texturing high and low poly models. You will help build some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye and understanding of anatomy, form, and color will lead the way in character creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of proportions, anatomy and readability to ensure models are optimized in game. Your craft expertise, high-level execution will enrich the player’s immersive experience.
Do you want to join Riot's R&D groups and help us build new AAA games? We need your help in producing assets of the highest quality for one of our newest games. You'll partner with the Art Director and other artists to establish the visual style of the characters. You'll also work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers, and together will provide new, delightful experiences to our players.
- Produce high-quality assets for the product
- Be a force multiplier across team and studio, teaching creative taste and development approach
- Support the Art Director in developing style guides and process/pipeline
- Help create agreement across team/discipline on targets and techniques
- Improve workflow and techniques and share this knowledge with team members
- Set an example for craft and culture
- Raise and help advocate for process/tech improvements for the Art discipline at Riot
- 5+ years’ experience in video games industry with at least 1 shipped title as Senior Character Artist
- Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer
- Traditional fine art skills with deep understanding of human anatomy, form and color theory
- Development savvy and experience building PBR assets within the Unreal Engine
- Passionate about video games and game development
- Experience mentoring junior artists
- Master of efficiency with the ability to refine and improve workflow
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high quality character art - including stylized artwork
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).