Sr Manager, Software Engineering - Motivations, Reliability
Job Id: REQ-0004315
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work across multiple domains. As Engineering Managers, we gain organizational alignment by building an engineering vision and offering creative solutions to organizational design. We also serve as mentors for engineers, guiding their performance and finding growth opportunities while maintaining a focus on players.
As a Sr Manager, Software Engineering on the League of Legends SRE team, you will work with a multidisciplinary leadership team to modernize our technical operations and lay the foundation for a sustainable future on League of Legends. Your team's responsibilities include reducing the cost of new development, reducing the cost of existing operations, migrating ownership to central tech teams, and setting the vision for how we build services on League of Legends.
You will report to the Motivations initiative's Engineering Lead in our office in Los Angeles.
- Manage and socialize an engineering vision for the team
- Work with other leaders to create a long-term organization and staffing plan that supports technical product goals
- Interview and hire new engineers
- Support the engineers and Technical Lead with your own deep engineering expertise
- Develop 11+ engineers' careers through mentorship and identifying growth opportunities
- Manage relationships across the organization and create opportunities for the team to have LoL-wide and Riot-wide impact
- 5+ years as a software engineer building and operating software at scale
- 3+ years of leading an engineering team as either a Manager or Technical Lead
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proficient in performance management, hiring, interviewing, and mentoring engineers
- Experience with backend services
- Strong background in service engineering, DevOps, or a related field
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).