Senior Security Engineer - Information Security - Security Operations
Job Id: REQ-0006177
Riot Security Operations Engineers hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we proactively support teams across Riot to develop robust security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with its unique security risk profile.
Our Security Operations team regularly monitors and analyzes Riot's security efforts across the organization and for our players. Its mission is to quickly detect, analyze, and respond to several threat actors from across the globe. The ability to not only think critically when it comes to security threats but technically by developing tools (e.g. automating security processes) is vital to their success. From working with local and federal law enforcement agencies around security incidents to defending against the next DDoS, they are here to protect Riot and our players.
You will report to the Manager of Security Operations and be based in the LA office.
- Lead and develop engineers who are part of our global Security team
- Probe, and analyze security risks that directly impact players
- Assess and investigate security events
- Help identify new exploits, threats, and mitigations for detection engineering
- Contribute to Riot's global Security Operations roadmap
- Work with product teams throughout the incident investigation cycle to ensure remediation, eradication, and lessons learned are rolled back into daily operations.
- You will be expected to do a small amount of travel as part of a global team
- 3 or more years of experience in a Security Operations or Incident Response role
- 2+ years of computer network defense (identify, protect, detect, respond, recover) experience within a Computer Incident Response organization
- Understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation and common tactics, techniques, and procedures of advanced attackers
- You can automate common tasks in Python, Powershell, Go, or a similar language
- Experience being a part of a highly technical team, including Incident Response, Security Engineering, or Forensics teams
- Experience as an engineer in incident response efforts. This should include hands-on experience completing tasks like malware detection and analysis, memory analysis, or disk forensics
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer, or Private Clouds
- Experience working with security tooling and logging technology (e.g. ELK, Splunk, SentinelOne, Defender ATP, Carbon Black)
- Experience with container security and automation such as docker, Kubernetes, terraform, and ansible
- Industry certifications (GCFE, GCFA, GNFA, GCIH, EnCE, CISSP), but not required
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.