China - Production Team
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a core member of our Production team, you'll join the effort of forming a passionate cross-functional teams in creating innovative product and incredible experiences for players. By inspiring teams to collaborate, you'll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players' hands. You'll meet and exceed expectations by helping to conceptualize, deliver, enhance, and influence creative product at every stage of the production.
Shanghai does not develop core game content ourselves, so we'll be relying on you to co-develop great products outside of the core game content for our players, and to support our growth. (i.e. all the product development that will eventually benefit our players). As a Rioter in Shanghai, you'll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share our rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Our office is now focused on esports, merchandising, and media business in China. And within this office, you will be working with people from all disciplines, ranging from Marketing, Video Production, Live Services, Events, Business Development, procurement/supply chain, engineering, etc. Riot Games Shanghai office is committed to creating experiences that show Chinese players they aren't lost in translation. We would love for you to join us to shape how we deliver better experience to players in China together.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our China offices, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- An industry vet and excellent product pro: your years of experience in game or other related production help you easily navigate a labyrinth of creative and technical requirements, forecasting obstacles that could otherwise trip you up en route to product delivery
- A master problem solver: you take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, sparking discussions as you work toward prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions
- A gamer, with great player empathy: your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions, from which computer to pick up to where you live (dat FiOS); you love games and take play seriously, and that'll help you make player-focused decisions every day and produce the products that players will love.
- A team player and a leader: while you're a capable self-manager, your natural verve and sense of fun make you thrive as part of a team; you inspire others, provide meaningful and constructive criticism, and remain cool, calm, and collected in crisis
- Goal oriented: you actualize visions through capable team management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress; you connect player engagement efforts to broader vision and understand how to create content players will like and share over and over again
- Multilingual: you're comfortable conversing in English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and pissing them off
- Oversee production projects, helping set vision and design roadmap while creating alignment for all levels across disciplines
- Lead prodigiously talented multi-functional dev teams while getting your hands dirty in product development, working directly with all the teams around you including but not limited to engineers, designers, producers, and artists to create the products as you ensure that Riot releases only top quality content to our players
- Inform and build features roadmaps, identifying critical path issues while pulling together strike forces to blast through barriers and ship products to players
- Act as product / project owner, organize daily standups to coordinate team members, manage backlogs, work with other customers and stakeholders throughout Riot, and deliver the result on product that we need to delight our players
- Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.