Art Intern, All Levels, Summer 2018
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Intern with the Art team:
We're looking for artists who're just as passionate about League of Legends as they are art. Maybe you haven't won a Polycount or an Artstation competition yet, but you're on track.
You marry your masterful technical skills and passion for games while understanding that game art's ultimately about creating better overall experiences. Whether it be 2D, 3D, animations or VFX, you embrace the finer points of artistic aesthetics, including light, color, value, form, and composition.
- Animator: breathe life into the League of Legends world by meticulously adding dynamic elements and visual animations to rigged assets
- Character Artist: You'll be the creative wizard who transmogrifies 2D concept art into living and breathing 3D characters that will battle on the rift
- Concept Artist: sketch, ideate, and iterate new champion concepts in collaboration with your fellow concept artists
- Environment Artist: conceptualize and model dynamic environments within the League of Legends universe
- Illustrator: create key splash arts for champions that'll tell stories through evocative, dynamic compositions
- Technical Artist: jump into any art pipeline, whether it's environment, character or another artistic discipline, to help maintain, build and support the team's 3D tools
- VFX Artist: turn wild ideas into awe-inspiring reality through visual effects, such as fish swimming through waves or the eerie glowing of freed souls rife for collecting
- Visual Designer: create polished web and in-game UI that enhance player interactions and help deepen the player experience
- Please read through the internship page before applying. It includes helpful information that’ll increase your chances at landing the gig.
- Your application must include a cover letter and resume. In your application pitch, share your Summoner Name and experience with League of Legends, why you’re interested in Riot, what you want to learn and what we can learn from you. Help us understand why you're right for this team by sharing what you've done that's truly above and beyond and how that may relate to this internship opportunity. There are 99 ways to impress us, but an average pitch ain't one.
The application deadline for summer 2018 internships is February 2, 2018. Applications received after this date won't be eligible for a Summer 2018 internship. We recognize that a great internship application takes time and effort, so we promise to return the favor of your effort with a response by February 16, 2018.