Lead Concept Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. We care deeply about delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As a Concept Artist at Riot you will bring our games to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will come up with visual solutions for game concepts and world building. As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
As a Lead Concept Artist on the R&D team, you are responsible for creating and improving worlds for Riot’s brand new AAA titles. Your first concept expertise can be slanted towards character or environment. You will keep the players experience in mind as you work across disciplines to help build foundational ideas and concepts for one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new worlds to life.
- As a leader on the art team, you’ll provide direction for the concept art team
- Set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity to ensure amazing worlds and characters
- Build, Sketch, ideate, and iterate new concepts in collaboration with other developers
- Creatively solve problem and determine efficient solutions on executing the look and feel of any subject
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines to build concepts that are both narrative and visually cohesive
- Take your skillful knowledge of story tropes, archetypes, and narrative devices of all kind to help improve the designs that go into our worlds
- Guide and mentor teammates
Applicable Experiences, Skill Sets & Technologies:
- 5+ years professional experience as an Art Lead or Art Director
- Performance management experience
- Photoshop or other relevant painting/design tools
- Shipped a new IP
- Worked on the project from inception through completion
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).