Esports Broadcast Producer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an eSports Broadcast Producer, you'll direct LCK broadcasts, collaborate with esports teams globally in the planning, pre-production, and execution of weekly broadcasts. You'll challenge conventional hours and days and go beyond rote process scheduling to jump in front of hitches before they become glitches.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experienced: you bring 3+ years as a producer in gaming or sports broadcasting cosmos; you feel at home in a control room or production track environment.
- A creative story teller: you have the skill and the passion to craft compelling, authentic and fresh narratives for esports audiences. You build up players into stars, you know when and how to inform and entertain, and you know how to captivate your audience.
- A proactive self-starter: you're a highly-motivated independent thinker who'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission.
- A team player: you're open to performing any task, whether big or small; you're willing to teach and learn, lead, and follow
An LCK and sports lover: you make sure to catch the games every week; you know the rosters, standings, and storylines.
- Crazy for LoL: your passion for League of Legends and esports goes beyond the game; you know your LCK from your LPL and you meticulously follow every pro match, tournament and team to keep current with the global LoL competitive scene.
- A sports fan: Whether it's NFL, NBA, KBL or the World Mountain Bike Bog Snorkeling Championships, you enjoy watching different kinds of competition and understanding the nuances that drive fans to love them.
- Produce live esports broadcasts. Craft show structure and source relevant show elements, assist in script review and talent development, test and incorporate new show builds and tech elements, build rundowns, evolve talent, and manage Esports staff.
- Liaise with the Esports team to determine scheduling, verify show info, accommodate sponsorship stunts, align online content and crossovers, rehearse and execute shows, and address all other broadcast needs.
- Keep tabs on gameplay, team news, and trends.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.