Social Media Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Social Media Manager, you will create the comprehensive strategy of communication and engagement with League of Legends players and prospects on social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LINE. You will be responsible for increasing the fan base, building the brand, fostering positive climate/buzz/hype, and establishing a feedback loop with players via social networking. You'll be continuously tracking and measuring social engagement data to better optimize your strategy while learning more about the world players live in and the core gamer's digital community.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you'll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community and Marketing, Riot Games Tokyo is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
- A Marketing Expert: you've used social media as a marketing tool, whether managing a brand or fostering community collaboration; you hone a professional marketing background in Japan for 8 years or relative experience
- A Social Media Beacon: you've had experience posting on all sorts of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LINE and the forums; you're drawn to the unique two-way conversations social media encourages and are passionate about engaging with a robust community of players
- A Player Engager: you're a hardcore gamer and identify with the audience, that's why you're great at hooking player attention and keeping them enthused for more League of Legends and what Riot Games Japan has planned
- A Thoughtful Problem Solver: whether out in the community or in a meeting room, you enjoy the challenges of complex real world player pain points and use your marketing skills and social media knowledge in identifying the most elegant if not witty solution to solve them
- Collaborative: you know not to dive in solo against your challenges, and that involving team members and working smart in a cross matrix organization will help you leverage obstacles and help you scale far beyond the limits of a single person
- Multilingual: you're fluent in English and Japanese; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and offending them
- Build comprehensive social media strategy across multi-social media networks by supporting ATL execution and driving positive engagement
- Execute creative social campaigns across a variety of social media platforms
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Comms, and the rest of Publishing to drive integrated communication
- Grow awareness for and reinforce the legitimacy of League of Legends
- Track and measure social engagement data to continuously optimize the overall social media strategy and gauge the health of social programs
- Realize net-positive vs. negative comments on the internet
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.