Data Center Manager (EU)
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As a Data Center Manager EU, you will be our operations and logistics captain: setting up strategy and leading the team that will maintain and operate Riot’s high-speed online gaming infrastructure.
You demonstrate applying best practices and standards in the management of physical data centers and consuming public cloud infrastructure at scale. Your goal is to apply your experience to optimize the player experience for the millions of currently active players, as well as to pave the road for future games. This involves architecting, deploying, and managing data centers.
Data Center Managers on the Infrastructure Platform team are responsible for the full life-cycle of operations of Riot’s data centers within a specified region (EU = Amsterdam, Frankfurt & Turkey) In addition, you will also lead a small group of Data Center Technicians and vendors. You will work alongside a passionate team of software and infrastructure engineers. We combine strong expertise in networking, systems, and DevOps. Our aim is to automate and improve the way we store, process, and distribute data for our ever expanding player base.
- Planning, hardware installation and configuration, optimization, operations, and ongoing maintenance of the data center
- Engage with vendors to handle purchasing, contract negotiations, and global logistics of data centers
- Capacity planning and continual assessments for process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented and scalable
- End to end management of datacenter projects including building new ones, decommission old ones, and life cycle management in between
- Financial stewardship across the data centers in the region including working with other teams to create and maintain operation cost models
- Monitor ongoing practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations and control requirements
- Select, evaluate, and lead the performance of technicians
- 5+ years of industry experience leading infrastructure in multiple geographic locations
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience in international logistics, including procurement, shipping, receiving, and customs
- Experience with cooling and Power Systems for medium size data centers
- Experience managing projects at the scope of millions of dollars, and creating and working with financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and ambiguity
- Flexibility with regards to travelling to multiple Data Centers and our LA HQ
- Player-empathy: You know all too well the heartbreak of in-game tech issues; as such, you're dedicated to using your battlefield experience for good, helping continually improve LoL and its supporting systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.