Esports Partner Developer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with our Spanish and Portuguese players, we are opening an office in Barcelona. To make that launch a reality, however, we need a handful of top-tier leaders to help us lay the groundwork, starting, basically… tomorrow!
That's where you come in.
As Esports Partner Developer, you’ll be part of our Esports team in Barcelona and you'll continue the development of a sustainable competitive ecosystem in Spain and Portugal that will ensure awesome competitive experiences to players for generations. You'll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Iberia is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players in Iberia they aren't lost in translation.
Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our competitions and events.
A team captain: you have a track record of thoughtful leadership and high-level decision-making based on clear strategic goals with concrete priorities; you can coordinate and mobilize teams of professionals, with the right sense of urgency, but without compromising on quality; despite all your experience and skills, you humbly stop to listen to others' ideas, regardless of age or seniority.
Positively collaborative: you don't just play well with others, you enjoy brainstorming with team members, especially when you need perspective on something outside your area of expertise.
Experienced: you have at least 3 years of leadership experience. Ideally, you’ve worked in esports or any of those: entertainment, business development, sports marketing.
A detailed strategist: you employ an holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision and you take every variable into account, including: project scope, scheduling, redundancy planning, risks, and mitigation.
A critical thinker: for you, easy equals boring, and you relish a challenge because you take creative problem-solving in your morning coffee; you use data and research to find the best solutions when metaphorical (and very rarely literal) fires need to be put out.
Data-minded: your analytical mindset helps you translate raw data into exciting and meaningful info through reports, budgets and estimates that support marketing strategy.
A skilled negotiator: you enter tough negotiations with dry palms and a focused mind, knowing how to skillfully navigate the situation to best settle differences and, ideally, win concessions; you're able to be honest and direct without losing trust, so that regardless of the resolution, you ensure personal relationships remain unscathed.
- Contribute to the sustainable growth and evolution of Esports in Spain and Portugal.
- Find, shape and support highly capable partners that deliver top-notch competitive experiences to Spanish and Portuguese speaking professional and amateur players.
- Constantly ensure that our partners´s strategies keeps evolving to fulfill the needs of the competitive scene at all levels.
- Establish clear directions and maintain an open and honest dialogue with our partners.
- Define key performance indicators to set goals and overview the performance of our partners´s efforts.
- Find, develop, and manage relationships with exciting brands who have the vision to sponsor esports content.
- Foster our culture: it’s all about achieving the right goals to have a meaningful impact on the market, it’s not about a list of tasks to tick off.
- Inspire and support the development of our partners.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.