Esports Live Ops
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Live Producer, you'll work closely with Broadcast, League Ops, Player Management, and Central Esports Teams (Production, Tech, IT) across KR to coordinate and prioritize tasks to ensure that all technical and event execution needs for LCK and any future events are met and exceeded. During the shows, you'll also act as the liaison between Stage, Broadcast, and IT to ensure that players - both onsite and at home - have an entertaining experience. As a Live Producer, you'll be a source of information and support for any external teams that require assistance. This is not a role in broadcast production, the role is focused on planning and executing the technical aspect of events with particular emphasis on the tech that makes engaging esports events possible.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Technically astute: you rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost, scared, and generally rocking in fetal position; whether it's product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you soak it up like a sponge to water that comes with a 300-page user manual
- Coolheaded: you thrive in high-stress situations by embracing the unexpected, staying calm under pressure, and thinking clearly when details are hazy; as the team's ballast, you maintain stability in crisis-mode, keeping everyone positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- A workflow wiz: you're a master of process, able to simplify the complex, organize chaos, separate or combine tasks, and get more out of less to finish the job; you understand where the links in the chain should go, hooking together often overlooked opportunities and partnerships, you know how gather a team to deliver large products
- Approachable: you listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player, too; you listen closely to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the overall League of Legends experience
- A problem solver: when problems appear, you're the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Manage onsite productions at the LCK Arena and remote roadshows, keeping broadcasters, vendor partners and operational teams on the same page and firing on all cylinders so that esports events can go off without a hitch
- Overall Lead for the physical aspects of the production including pre-planning and preparation, personnel, and scheduling for studio and remote productions
- Technical project lead from creation to execution. Budget, plan and collaborate on technical projects with cross discipline teams
- Actively ensure practices are meeting their standards and competitive integrity is well-protected
- Be responsible for protecting the player experience for both people onsite and at home, ensuring that the show goes on; no problem is too small, from having the wifi up and running for Rioters, to making sure esports fans are happy with the show
- Learn and perform basic systems and troubleshooting as front line support
- Work with teams to resolve unexpected complications and figure out how to prevent them from happening at future events
- Be a walking knowledgebase, retaining or taking notes on every little thing, being able to answer them no matter who questions - if you don't know the answer you will find out and know for next time
Don’t forget to include a resume. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.