Senior Development Manager - League of Legends, New Content and Distribution
The Development Manager role lives in the Development Management discipline. Development Managers work together as part of the giant central nervous system that includes nearly everyone at Riot. We’re interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, growing, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
Senior Development Managers guide teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we consistently focus on driving improvement.
As a Senior Development Manager and Delivery Lead for the Riot's flagship title, League of Legends, you will drive delivery of features and services across multiple teams. You'll be working with and mentoring producers of both live services and active product development teams. Serving as the air traffic controller for emergent work, you'll prioritize product increments across multiple complex problem domains. Your work will contribute new content and features that players love, which will ultimately provide a positive impact for both players and Riot alike.
- Accountable for delivery of player facing features and content pipelines
- Accountable for the roadmap and execution plan
- Responsible for overall team health, and work systems of both teams and all the included work streams
- Build dual track Agile among teams to improve the hypothesis testing and experimentation processes
- Develop operational and project coordination plans
- Own and coordinate large cross team programs
- Accountable for dependency management and delivery risks management
- Coach and mentor the New Content Distribution (“NCD”) producers on Agile product delivery
- Accountable for team efficacy metrics
- Ensure the delivery of products to collaborating teams and regions
- Experience in leading complex software development teams and programs using agile methodologies
- Expert level Agile craftsman, deeply understand Agile/lean principles and practices
- Experience running a live microservice for large scale applications
- Experience working in a continuous delivery/deployment environment
- Experience mentoring producers (development managers or product managers)
- Experience in story/feature/requirement analysis, as a business system analyst, is a plus
- Solid understanding of common client side and server-side technologies. Computer Science background is a plus.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).