Esports Event Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Event Lead, you'll create, oversee, and execute live Esports events around the world. You'll be responsible for developing engaging experiences at player-facing events, including the run-up to them. You'll plan and execute event strategies with precision and skill, while finding creative solutions to challenges that come along with event management. Whether you're planning the next LCK Finals or International Esports Event such as Rift Rivals in Korea, you'll make the tough calls that drive energetic, fan-focused events.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Coolheaded: you thrive in high-stress situations by embracing the unexpected, staying calm under pressure, and thinking clearly when details are hazy; as the team's ballast, you maintain stability in crisis-mode, keeping everyone positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- A workflow wiz: you're a master of process, able to simplify the complex, organize chaos, separate or combine tasks, and get more out of less to finish the job; you understand where the links in the chain should go, hooking together often overlooked opportunities and partnerships, you know how gather a team to deliver large products
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Experienced: You have a minimum 5+ Years as a event, marketing or promotion manager
- Plan and manage on-site events such as LCK finals, global events, and remote roadshows, fulfilling broadcasters, vendors, Riot community team and sponsors’ needs
- Be responsible for LCK marketing promotion plan, strategy and execution, ensuring all LCK fans feel proud of being a fan
- Execute logistics for Riot events on the road as well as onsite, putting players at the forefront while presenting the Riot experience, then develop and execute events with confidence
- Be working with many different teams at Riot, resolving unexpected complications, and tasks figuring out the most efficient way
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.