Head of Talent Operations
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Head of Talent Operations, SEA you'll bring a broad range of knowledge to the team in Southeast Asia and you are its go-to resource on all things related to talent; ranging from performance management to rewards to organizational design. You'll get your hands dirty as you work closely with product and discipline leaders to cultivate talent programs that'll help Rioters thrive. You'll help drive aligned, data-informed talent decisions by acting as a strategist, coach, culture evangelist, thought leader, talent steward, and designer/deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results. You'll introduce carefully crafted programs and processes and ensure they work for Rioters instead of the other way round.
As a Singapore Rioter, you'll join an entrepreneurial team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, a maniacal passion for gaming and rejection of convention.
- Empathetic: you're comfortable commingling with all types of people, and you care for the folks around you; when someone needs personal or professional advice, you're there to offer guidance and, ideally, cookies
- An organizational sherpa: you grok the language of organizational culture and understand the rationale behind policies, practices, and procedures; this understanding of the way a company works helps you get the job done, whether through formal channels or by busting barriers
- Trustworthy: you're a human vault, locking confidential conversations away behind impenetrable steel and a nine-digit passcode; whether candidly advising a teammate or copping to your own mistakes, you don't fear the truth, always delivering and receiving it constructively and with maximum tact
- Approachable: you listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
- Drive strategic direction and execution of talent related operational needs within the Southeast Asia regions during times of growth and with a lot of ambiguity
- Work with both the Talent team at our HQ and Talent teams in international offices to share best practices and learnings
- Be a go-to partner for all things Total Rewards (Performance, Compensation, Perks, and Benefits) ensuring seamless, fair, and meritocratic comp review cycles with leadership teams; coach managers on how to address compensation needs (i.e. promotions, merit, compression, etc)
- Educate and equip leaders with knowledge on employment compliance, risks, and benefits of talent decisions as needed while also providing Rioters with conflict resolution and grievance escalation guidance
- Consult on org design, alignment, and change management; develop and identify high-potential Rioters through talent management practices/tools (including: succession planning, high potential programs, mobility, etc.) and ensure the seamless onboarding of new leaders
- Work with recruiting partners and hiring managers to identify and prioritize key positions, high impact roles, and skill gaps; support candidate selection through panel interviews, offer package support, relocation, visa assistance, etc.
- Lead Diversity and Inclusion initiatives that foster the diversity in talent as well as a culture of inclusion
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.