Quality Assurance Lead - Unpublished R&D Product
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build an outstanding studio. In a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running,
Riot Games is searching the planet for passionate people, throughout game development.
Will you help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world and make amazing games?
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps strengthen our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
At Riot, we believe “Quality Assurance” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviours that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realise their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
That's where you come in.
As an experienced QA Lead you'll lead the construction of the QA strategy for a product or feature team working across League of Legends or R&D to provide value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. As the Quality owner, you will identify essential improvement areas and provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any feature in development, while building a strategy to ensure the test coverage.
- Quality oriented: you have an in-depth understanding of quality assurance processes and have worked in a QA environment before within Games
- Data interpreter: you use bug data, tools and player feedback to craft a unique quality analysis that help teams prioritise their work based on quality for players
- A creative problem solver: you bring an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action
- Agile mindset: you're experienced with Agile methodologies and know what to expect from a constant delivery oriented team; you can turn on a dime to support new plans when business and development priorities shift
- A communicator: you'll discuss everything from data points and issues to essential feedback; share concerns, you also know how to go about it in a inspiring manner
- Player-focused: You have a passion for games that inspires you to provide the best quality possible to players worldwide. You empathise with the perspectives and plights of players and foster their needs
- 6+ years of quality oriented experience in games or software development
- 2+ years hands on leadership experience, managing test teams
- QA experience with different platforms beneficial (PC, Mobile, Console)
- Experience managing test vendors or QA outsource efforts
- Experience as embedded QA
- Automated testing experience
- Good understanding of SCRUM/Agile and ability to implement QA strategy into Agile environments
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.