Riot Games' Hong Kong Studio is our first international development studio outside Los Angeles. With hundred-year histories' dim sum tea houses sitting across the street from modern skyscrapers lighting up the horizon, we're inspired by the city's ability to look forward without forgetting the past. Our office towers 51 floors high in the Central district of this major international hub in Asia, giving us a bird's-eye view of the buzzing metropolis and keeping Rioters close to its heartbeat.
Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take an extra step in the Hong Kong Studio to break the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in this region. We believe that removing titles will promote individual autonomy, ownership, teamwork, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at the Studio to make an impact!
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best Quality. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As an experienced Quality Expert, (as a Senior Analyst or as a Lead) you'll own and lead the construction of the QA strategy for a product or feature team working across League of Legends or R&D to deliver value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. As an expert Quality owner, you will identify key improvement areas and provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any feature in development, while building a strategy to ensure effective and efficient test coverage. A true innovator, you'll find ways to blend standard QA practices with creative solutions that make use of the latest bug management resources and automation tech and work in cooperation with your teams.
- A QA veteran: you have an in-depth understanding of both functional and subjective testing with a record of successful Quality execution and ownership on previous projects
- Analytically adept: you've acquired plenty of experience executing regression, unit and integration tests, as well as using version control and bug database software to craft robust analysis
- A creative problem solver: you bring an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action; you enable teams to explore and use the resources at their disposal to tackle problems expertly
- Data informed: you understand not only how to collect data but how to distill it into the consumable info teams need; you can build a strategic plan to understand when and where to devote your time and that of your team to ensure the best outcome of your testing efforts
- Agile-enabled: you're experienced with Agile methodologies and know what to expect from a fast-moving development environment; you will be able to turn on a dime to support new initiatives when business and development priorities shift
- A communicator: you're able to work with a wide variety of people and can effectively communicate everything from data points and issues to critical feedback; you're not afraid of being vocal about concerns, you also know how to go about it in a diplomatic manner, and can adapt accordingly to whoever you are speaking with
- A Partner: you collaborate closely with your team, peers and partners to ensure a holistic quality approach to your assigned features
- Player-focused: You have a passion for games that drives you to deliver the best quality possible to players worldwide. You empathize with the perspectives and plights of players and foster their needs
- Work with numerous disciplines to drive quality ownership across the software development life cycle
- Establish and execute team wide quality goals
- Be accountable as the quality owner of a feature or product
- Identify and implement quality improvements to the team’s development process
- Partner with and mentor remote QA teams to ensure features are delivered at a high quality bar
- Identify and mitigate risks to feature delivery and product quality
- Assemble data to report on the quality of the product and update partners
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.