Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As an experienced Quality Expert, (as a Senior Analyst or as a Lead) you'll own and lead the construction of the QA strategy for a product or feature team working across League of Legends or R&D to deliver value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. As an expert Quality owner, you will identify key improvement areas and provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any feature in development, while building a strategy to ensure effective and efficient test coverage. A true innovator, you'll find ways to blend standard QA practices with creative solutions that make use of the latest bug management resources and automation tech and work in cooperation with your teams.
- A QA veteran: you have an in-depth understanding of both functional and subjective testing with a record of successful Quality execution and ownership on previous projects
- Analytically adept: you've acquired plenty of experience executing regression, unit and integration tests, as well as using version control and bug database software to craft robust analysis
- A creative problem solver: you bring an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action; you enable teams to explore and use the resources at their disposal to tackle problems expertly
- Data informed: you understand not only how to collect data but how to distill it into the consumable info teams need; you can build a strategic plan to understand when and where to devote your time and that of your team to ensure the best outcome of your testing efforts
- Agile-enabled: you're experienced with Agile methodologies and know what to expect from a fast-moving development environment; you will be able to turn on a dime to support new initiatives when business and development priorities shift
- A communicator: you're able to work with a wide variety of people and can effectively communicate everything from data points and issues to critical feedback; you're not afraid of being vocal about concerns, you also know how to go about it in a diplomatic manner, and can adapt accordingly to whoever you are speaking with
- A Partner: you collaborate closely with your team, peers and partners to ensure a holistic quality approach to your assigned features
- Player-focused: You have a passion for games that drives you to deliver the best quality possible to players worldwide. You empathize with the perspectives and plights of players and foster their needs
- Work with numerous disciplines to drive quality ownership across the software development life cycle
- Establish and execute team wide quality goals
- Be accountable as the quality owner of a feature or product
- Identify and implement quality improvements to the team’s development process
- Partner with and mentor remote QA teams to ensure features are delivered at a high quality bar
- Identify and mitigate risks to feature delivery and product quality
- Assemble data to report on the quality of the product and update partners
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.