Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Insights Analyst, you’ll dive head-first into the vast goodness of our data warehouse and surface with well-constructed insights that will help Rioters make more player-focused decisions. You’ll provide a unique voice to players by using top-notch analytic skills to translate their collective behavior into narratives that describe their experiences, both awesome and not-awesome. Armed with these narratives, you’ll inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on our mission to become the most player-focused game company in the world.
As an Insights Analyst in at Riot Dublin you are able to:
- Identify, collect, and analyze data through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Partner with decision makers to help inform key business decisions across the company
- Empower stakeholders through data visualization (e.g. setting up Tableau dashboards) and storytelling (e.g. powerpoint)
- Communicate complex players insights in a simple, meaningful way
- Player-focused: you enjoy both games (of all kinds) and problem solving, probably in that order, and you use your gaming experience to help interpret the data you’re seeing in a way that makes sense.
- Experienced: you’ll bring at least 3 years of professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and working closely with stakeholders to inform company strategy.
- Educated: you’ll need at least a master's degree in a quantitative field: math/applied math, economics, computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, or a related discipline
- Strategic and business-savvy: you’re well aware that there’s no point to analyzing every aspect of a problem if the decision hinges on one critical insight; you’re sharp about what makes a company like Riot tick and can find the critical path to how Riot can deliver meaningful experiences to players. You have experience of analysing a company’s revenues and costs and utilising this information to help companies make data informed business decisions.
- Technically adept: you have advanced knowledge of SQL, Python, R, Matlab, or any other language that makes getting to data more efficient
- Social: you can make friends anywhere you go, but that’s the easy part – you’re ready and able to become a trusted advisor to decision-makers across Riot
- Adaptable: you recognize that situations change, complications arise, and you’re ok with that; you’re coolly flexible and able to handle whatever comes your way
- An equipped communicator: you deftly generate reports and analysis using Excel, Powerpoint, or Tableau; you’re capable of translating raw data into reports and presentations that are clear and concise, even to a statistical layperson
- A gaming empath: a player yourself, you’re well-versed in games and jump at the chance to immerse yourself in the culture, learning the wants and needs of gamers all over the globe
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter/introduction. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.