Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Finance Director, you’ll be the strategic partner to the product leads in multiple areas of the business. Your solid leadership experience coupled with your business acumen and financial wizardry will help Riot to achieve it’s strategic goals.
- Educated: you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree; MBA highly preferred
- Experienced: you’ve got at least ten years experience as a finance and strategy leader
- A forward thinker: You can provide insight, recommendations, and support as a trusted thought partner to our product leaders
- A financial spelunker: you’ll scour the surface and delve to the depths, searching far and wide for the best deal; you’re inconceivably passionate about saving money and making smart financial decisions
- A human calculator: you probably haven’t tried, but you’re confident you’d give Deep Blue a headache at the chess table; your mathletics are as solid as an old TI-83, but you can download updates on the fly to tailor financial assessments to your team’s rapidly-changing needs
- Positively collaborative: you don’t just play well with others, you enjoy brainstorming with team members, especially when you need perspective on something outside your area of expertise
- Build a financial strategy around the business’ long term operational objectives while being flexible and understanding changing priorities in the business
- Evaluate new business endeavors and identify whether it makes sense to leverage internal resources or make a strategic investment to acquire teams or technology
- Provide individual teams with strategic financial analysis on specific issues that they face as each team and Riot continues to grow
- Engage international regions, various disciplines and leadership to drive alignment on operational and financial priorities
- Monitor P&L, compare forecasts to actuals and analyze discretionary spending for approximately two to four teams
- Act as an info conduit, serving as a centralized financial knowledge repository for each of your teams
- Manage, mentor and support career growth for a high performing team of direct reports
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.