Senior Technical and General Ledger Accountant
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot’s offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength, speed, and intelligence -- financial and otherwise. We strive to innovate and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. Our team contains experts from fields like tax and treasury, travel and purchasing, FP&A, and more. If we’re not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in finance.
As a Senior Technical and General Ledger Accountant, your precise and timely work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. You will guide and mentor junior accountants on their career quests and help them level up their skills. Your real passion for accurate financial reporting will help to ensure Riot can stay focused on our players throughout the globe.
- Problem-solve technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment
- Prepare annual financial documents and footnotes in accordance with GAAP, including drafting new disclosures to align with new accounting standards or new transactions.
- Investigate fluctuations, monitor trends in the accounts, and work with other teams to gain a deep understanding of the story behind the movements
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Accurately enter transactions utilizing Oracle
- Prepare accurate, timely financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality
- Collaborate with your teammates in both local and international offices
- Engage in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team
- Mentor staff accountants by helping them explore their passions and move their careers forward
- Excellent interpersonal skills, intellectual curiosity, as well as strong problem-solving and leadership ability
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of four years experience in public or corporate accounting
- CPA preferred
- Experience handling accounts, drafting financial statements or footnotes, and writing technical memos for multinational, multi-entity firms
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC filing standards, as well as ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).