Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints, and like video games!
That's where you come in.
As a Finance Controller, your precise and timely work controlling accurate financial records and Russian tax compliance will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. Your hands-on accounting and tax experience and in-depth understanding of accounting rules and Russian tax legislation will keep Riot on firm footing. You will control the outsource accounting vendor and help them level up their services provided to Riot. You will also prepare tax documentation, be trusted finance partner for Moscow Rioters and help the Finance Manager elevate local finance function. Your real passion for accurate financial reporting and perfection in tax compliance will help to ensure Riot can stay focused on bringing player value in CIS.
As a Moscow Rioter, you’ll join a small but dedicated team of Rioters committed to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You’ll share our prioritization of player experience, daring to dream, teamwork and love for gaming. Rioters in Moscow are driven to deliver unique player experiences and always strive to do the impossible, never being happy with good enough.
- A finance erudite: you’ve secured a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics and notched five to seven years’ experience in public or corporate accounting
- Software-savvy: you’re well-versed in the ERP systems that keep businesses moving (1C, Oracle preferrable) - and more knowledgeable in Excel than Bill Gates himself
- A GAAP go-to person: your experience in handling accounts for multi-national, multi-entity firms have imbued you with solid knowledge of Russian GAAP and IFRS (or US GAAP)
- A tax veteran: you can keep Riot well protected in ever changing and document driven Russian tax environment, navigating the company like a seasoned Bildgewater captain navigates her ship in the stormy sea through the reefs
- Captain of systems: your analytical mind and systemic approach to things make you a go-to resource when folks need advice; your decisions are built on a strong foundation of intel, so you know they’ll hold up during a storm even when the wind’s blowing sideways
- A problem solver: when problems appear, you’re the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
- Efficient: your ability to streamline workflow and your smart use of time causes suspicion that you’ve somehow got more of it; you focus on priorities and effective planning, which frees up time for important emergent work or sudden-death ping pong tournament
- Constantly growing: you consider life a perpetual quest for self-improvement, committed to finding opportunities to enhance your strengths or work out your weak points; you understand that certain situations call for specific skills, motivating you to flip a glaring weakness into a full-blown-mega strength
- A co-op player: you’re wired to work with leaders and those who’ve cut their teeth in the industry because you know they’ve got experience that’ll help hone and sharpen your skills, you know that every win is a team’s effort and success is shared
- Values driven - “values” is the word that means a lot for you. You want to be a part of the company with the values that resonate with you personality
- A player! You like and play video games and have an empathy for those who play them.
- Fluent English and Russian speaker
- Control accurateness and completeness of US GAAP accounts (incl payroll accounting) and reporting package;
- Control tax accounting, tax declarations prepared by the accounting vendor (incl the responds to tax authorities) and prepare tax documentation packs (for revenue an cost recognition);
- Control the inter-company transactions;
- Control accurateness and completeness of management accounts and reports (ABC accounting for different products), help product owners with cost analysis
- Control costs allocations to different types of activity, ensure proper mapping of accounts and that sufficient supporting documentation is in place
- Conduct monthly finance closure into Oracle
- Control transactions with vendors and sponsors, accurateness and completeness of invoices, acts, supporting documents
- Maintain relations with Citibank, prepare and submit KYC documents
- Problem-solve technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts and researching the proper accounting treatment.
- Help improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality.
- Collaborate with your teammates in both local and international offices.
- Engage in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team.
- Monitor trends in accounting, research authoritative literature.
- The right person for this role is an excellent communicator and sets a high bar for him/herself and their work product, is hardworking and intellectually curious and can effectively problem seek in a dynamic environment.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.