Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
As a Data Scientist in our Shanghai office, you leverage your Data Science expertise to help Riot maximize our technical partnership with Tencent. You’ll focus on these 3 critical initiatives:
- Evaluate Tencent’s AI+ML products + technologies, with respect to Riot’s usecases
- Level-up Riot’s understanding of Tencent’s AI+ML capabilities + best practices
- Prototype Tencent-based AI+ML solutions that use data to optimize game operation
- Data Science Experienced: Broad theoretical knowledge + practical hands-on experience designing, building and leveraging AI+ML to solve real business usecases. You have a MS or PhD in a data-related engineering field, and have spent 3+ years translating business problems into a data problem, choosing ML algorithms and data models, and designing and analyzing experiments using math and statistics.
- Data Science Systems savvy: You are intimately familiar with which modern Data Science tools and methodologies. This includes:
- AI+ML: Classic ML algorithms (regression, decision tree, K-means, etc.), Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning
- Data Processing: SQL, Hadoop, Spark
- Programming: Python, R
- Statistics and Math: Statistics, probability theory, linear algebra, optimization
- Perform deep technical evaluations of AI+ML products (Craft Leadership).
- Build systems to test + evaluate AI+ML products (Programming).
- Render strategic recommendations to Riot, re: AI+ML products (Product Sense).
- Educate Riot, via reference examples, How-to Guides, and other Engineering documentation.
- Drive + facilitate collaboration across timezones + languages + cultures.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.