Country Manager, Thailand
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Country Manager based in Thailand, you’ll build, develop, and lead a team of high caliber pros who'll craft and execute overall Product, Publishing, Operations, and Merchandise strategy to enable an immersive player experience for Thai players.
As the first Thai Rioter, you'll build a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming in Thailand. Together as a team, you’ll create unique player experiences that show Thai players they aren't lost in translation.
- Certifiably educated and experienced: you understand the balance between book smarts and street smarts and earned at least a bachelor's degree before racking up 5+ years experience working in a top firm with management responsibility; bonus points if you've worked with gamer or entertainment types like us
- A fearless entrepreneur: you know that an opportunity not captured now is opportunity missed; no matter how difficult things appear to be, you find a way to overcome them, because when others see obstacles, you see opportunities
- A financially savvy leader: you've managed a P&L before and are intimately familiar with managing both the top line as well as the bottom line; you've capably captained a team to achieve results that everyone is proud to have reached together
- A master negotiator: you're affable, adept, and analytical; you know your way around a contract and have led successful negotiations with fulfillment partners
- A people person: you easily and organically form relationships with players, stakeholders, and anyone else who might help make a project successful
- An empathetic mentor: you expertly grow and guide personal development within your team
- A data-informed problem solver: you constantly analyze changes, agilely re-examining and re-evaluating decisions and where we're headed; you prioritize player-centric logistics and support policies over the bottom line
- Build, develop, and lead a high caliber A-team
- Craft and execute the overall Product, Publishing, Operations, and Merchandise strategy
- Forge and strengthen alliances with external partners and institutions
- Provide feedback from players, partners, and vendors to Riot's central team in Los Angeles and work with them to make savvy decisions about Product, Publishing, Operations, and Merchandise direction with the needs of Thai fans in mind
- Strengthen Riot Games branding
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.