QA Analyst - League of Legends
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio. In a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running,
Riot Games is searching the planet for hardworking, passionate people, across all aspects of game development.
Will you help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world and make amazing games?
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviours that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realise their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This great opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
That's where you come in:
As an experienced Quality Analyst (with professional QA experience or high level League game knowledge) you'll help lead the QA strategy and provide testing support for a product team working across League of Legends to deliver value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. You are able to leverage your previous experience in QA or with League to help build a player focused, effective quality strategy.
- Quality focused: you have an in-depth understanding of quality assurance processes and tools and have ideally worked in a QA environment before
- Product savvy: You know League of Legends extremely well from years of actively playing and engaging with the community
- Analytically adept: you can leverage bug data, tools and player feedback to craft robust quality analysis that help teams prioritise their work based on quality impact for players
- A creative problem solver: you bring an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action.
- Agile-enabled: you're experienced with Agile methodologies and know what to expect from a fast-moving development environment; you will be able to turn on a dime to support new initiatives when business and development priorities shift
- A communicator: you're able to work with a wide variety of people and can effectively communicate everything from data points and issues to critical feedback; you're not afraid of being vocal about concerns, you also know how to go about it in a diplomatic manner, and can adapt accordingly to whoever you are speaking with
- A partner: you collaborate closely with your team, peers and partners to ensure a holistic quality approach to your assigned features
- Player-focused: You have a passion for games that drives you to deliver the best quality possible to players worldwide. You empathise with the perspectives and plights of players and foster their needs
- Work with numerous disciplines to drive quality ownership across the software development life cycle
- Execute team wide quality goals
- Identify and implement quality improvements to the team’s development process
- Partner with remote QA teams to ensure features are delivered at a high quality bar
- Identify and mitigate risks to feature delivery and product quality
- Assemble data to report on the quality of the product and update partners
Having Mandarin (fluent read/write/speak) language skills will be a bonus!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.