QA Engineer III - League of Legends
That's where you come in.
At Riot, we believe “Quality Assurance” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviours that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realise their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. This great opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach to achieve the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As an experienced QA Engineer III you'll help lead our strategy and provide testing support for a product team working across League of Legends to provide value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. You can use your experience in QA within game development to help build a player quality strategy.
- Establish and execute team-level quality goals.
- Informs product team and discipline leadership on quality goals.
- Calls out risks and quality concerns to product and discipline leadership when necessary and work with them to conceptualise and support implementation for improvements.
- Enables team and QA partners to work efficiently through problem solving and quality process refinement.
- Works with the Product Owners and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Ensures that test plans are well written, ensuring product meets the quality goals established.
- Mentor QA team members and share knowledge with the rest of the Quality Discipline at Riot.
- Coordinates with other product team Quality Owners to maintain effective and efficient cross-product test coverage.
- 6+ years of quality oriented experience in games and/or games as a service
- 2+ years hands on leadership experience, managing test teams
- Good quality risk assessment and test project planning
- Experience managing test vendors or QA outsource efforts
- Experience as embedded QA
- Automated testing experience
- In depth knowledge/experience playing League of Legends
- Good understanding of SCRUM/Agile and ability to implement QA strategy into Agile environments
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.