Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We are a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we are doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for hardworking, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we have done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
That's where we need you to make a difference:
As an experienced Technical QA (ideally with automation experience) you'll own the QA automation strategy for a product or feature team working on a R&D project, to deliver value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of engineers and developers on a mission to deliver world-class player experiences. As Technical QA, you will identify key development improvement areas for optimization and automation and provide technical quality assurance and automation support for the engineering team in HK.
- A tech veteran: you have an in-depth understanding of developing and executing on automation strategies and supporting developers with deeper technical investigations on issues
- Quality focused: you've acquired plenty of experience executing regression and integration tests, as well as using version control software and automation frameworks to help speed up quality processes and drive higher quality outputs for development teams
- Agile-enabled: you're experienced with Agile methodologies and know what to expect from a fast-moving development environment; you will be able to turn on a dime to support new initiatives when business and development priorities shift
- A communicator: you're able to work with a wide variety of people and can effectively communicate everything from test automation solutions and tools to critical feedback; you're not afraid of being vocal about concerns, you also know how to go about it in a diplomatic manner, and can adapt accordingly to whoever you are speaking with
- Player-focused: You have a passion for games that drives you to deliver the best quality possible to players worldwide. You empathize with the perspectives and plights of players and foster their needs
Your skill set:
- You have a technical mindset and quality focus, and are able to be the one connecting QA and Engineering disciplines seamlessly
- You have particular interest or strength in development of tools and automation for development and quality assurance teams
- Advanced skill in at least one programming language (for example C++, C#, Python)
- Perforce, Git or SVN knowledge
- Knowledge of Jenkins or other CI
Are you ready to help us make awesome player experiences?