Director of Strategic Partnerships & Community
The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) team is amplifying diverse voices and fostering an inclusive environment across Riot. Riot’s mission is to be the most player focused gaming company in the world. In order to achieve our mission, we must reflect the ideas, experiences and backgrounds of our players. Our D&I organization enables our mission by attracting great talent and ensuring every Rioter has experiences that enable them to do their best work.
As Director of Strategic Partnerships & Community you will build strategies to cultivate strong, reciprocal relationships with Business Unit Leaders, Product Owners, Talent Acquisition, and external partners to build and promote a dynamic, energized brand and community of diverse talent. You will manage and provide oversight for all Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) external partnerships and engagements including player perception, the board of advisors, and community of practice. The result of your work will ensure external alignment of Riot's Diversity & Inclusion mission, vision and values. In addition to the above, you will own the outcomes of strategic and operational objectives, community building and solidifying the brand in the market by identifying and inserting diversity and inclusion standard methodologies into our products, our brand, and our talent acquisition processes.
- Develop and lead Riot’s diversity partnerships and recruiting strategies by establishing and maintaining impactful relationships with external diverse markets and influencers.
- Act as a D&I subject matter expert using business insights and external HR relationships, along with standard methodologies to provide recommendations.
- Interface and work with senior leaders, local community agencies, schools, and dignitaries.
- Oversee the management of diversity outreach national programs, including recognition, awards and conferences.
- Oversee the budget and finances for talent career fairs, national and local events, as well as award and recognition avenues.
- Establish metric report cards for all assigned programs with ongoing status updates to communicate success.
- Drive improvements, develop frameworks and utilize data to ensure Riot achieves its D&I goals and objectives.
- Conduct market and program research, analysis, and positioning to set goals.
- Craft and implement successful initiatives that builds brand awareness, increase engagement and develop a pipeline of talent in diverse communities.
- Craft diversity outreach messaging and seek input to support the business and building diverse talent pipelines.
- At least 10 years of experience working in a project management role or in an outreach capacity where event planning and creativity were key component skills.
- Strong experience partnering with Talent Acquisition/Recruitment in corporate social responsibility environment, with demonstrated Executive-Level engagement.
- Management of large (> $1M) budget.
- Experience partnering with large-scale vendors/organizations.
- Experience working with virtual and local teams.
- Experience working in human resources, outreach, agencies or in institutions of higher education on projects associated with outreach to diverse communities including but not limited to African American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Asian, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, Veterans and/or other ethnic groups
- Experience managing a small team
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Business Administration and/or HR
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).