Director, Business Strategy & Operations, North America
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As the Director, Business Strategy & Operations on the North America regional team, you will apply your operational and finance expertise to help senior leadership determine strategic priorities, achieve operational excellence, and foster progress and growth. You oversee the operational effectiveness of our North America business leading daily strategy and business operations. Reporting to the Country Manager, you will be a trusted adviser, providing counsel and serving as a sounding board to inform and, if necessary, challenge decisions; applying both inside and outside perspectives. You will promote solid execution and fact-based decision-making with diverse teams, acting as the ‘connective tissue’ that links us. The ideal candidate has experience working closely with executives, a high degree of business and finance knowledge, customer empathy, and the ability to partner with others.
As part of the North America Regional Team Leadership, you will offer synthesized business perspectives relevant to key strategic decisions and identify issues that impede business success and provides solutions. Additionally, you will manage business and roadmap reviews and budget for the North America regional team. You will look across the business to draw insights, improve our efficiency and propose solutions to business problems to ensure the team meets their goals.
Passionate about players in North America? You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, you'll have a dedication to improving the experience for players and fans in Canada and the United States.
- Execution for range of diverse projects for the leadership team.
- Manage the Finance, Business Development and Live Services teams.
- Strategy development: maintain awareness of industry trends and market macro to be considered and evaluated to make the best decisions.
- Create operating routines that encourage decision-making, autonomy, understanding, and team engagement.
- Ensure change management execution in partnership with Finance, People, Comms, and other essential partners.
- Keep the North America team well-informed through established channels of communications; guide awareness of culture, policy, updates, decisions, etc..
- 10+ years of experience in an operational role in a gaming, entertainment or similar environment.
- 4+ years of experience in a senior level finance role.
- 4+ years of experience managing and leading others.
- Have a data-minded approach with the ability to guide decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present compelling messages to executive management, clients, peers, and team members.
- Corporate finance knowledge, experience working in high-growth businesses; experienced in modeling business cases and driving their creation.
- Experience driving financial discipline and operational efficiency.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).