Web Content Associate - 12 month contract
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As Web Content Associate, you’re the direct gateway between players and League’s web presence worldwide. When we release new game features, modes, promotions, champions, skins and articles, you’ll curate and update the League website, game client, and YouTube channels, while catching and correcting any wild errors that might appear. You will also collaborate with our localization quality assurance team, to ensure that even content in languages you don’t speak is 100% correct. The result is a content-rich web destination for millions of enthusiastic players around the world.
As a Dublin Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of culturally diverse professionals who share our values of player experience, collaborative creativity and passion for gaming. You will work with teams like Player Support and Live Services at the forefront of the player experience, helping European players feel that League is for them, regardless of who they are or what language they speak.
- Collaborate with the European publishing team on creative marketing campaigns like ARAM-arama or the KDA/Beat Saber collaboration
- Maintain, format, and post new content on League of Legends’ international websites, game clients and social channels
- Review content and fix all style, copy, layout and HTML errors encountered
- Collaborate with our dedicated Localization Quality Assurance team to fix any and all language and translation errors before players see them
- Partner with Rioters from multiple teams and international offices to obtain content and related assets, stay on top of embargos and posting deadlines and publish localized web content to regional players
- Track content performance and compile analytics that paint a picture of what players are enjoying and what they’re ignoring
- Identify and propose improvements to the publishing workflow, content presentation or content performance
- 1 years+ experience creating web content
- Experience with a web content Managment system such as Drupal, Wordpress, Joomal or Sprinkler
- You know your way around the frontend of a website and work with HTML and CSS; during your QA passes, you detect and correct any errors causing layout bugs or functional failures on either desktop or mobile
- A gamer: whether it’s board-games, PC, console or mobile, you love games and find time to play. You intently follow news on your favorite games’ web portals and while you enjoy the marketing magic, you’re also curious about what happens behind the curtain
- Motivated: you’re hungry to learn more about the world of web management, and are looking for a place to get your feet wet with coding, publishing, marketing and trafficking experience
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence