Senior Analyst - Esports
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Senior Analyst on the Esports team, you’ll join the Insights team – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists who perform analyses that empower Rioters to make difficult decisions. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
- Inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on our mission to become the most player-focused game company in the world
- Work as part of product teams to help form goals, identify opportunities, and support exploration and iteration
- Ensure players are voiced and represented by translating data from a variety of sources into narratives that describe their experiences and suggest new ways to serve them
- Work in teams and solo to aggregate and analyze petabytes of game, social, and viewership data along with information from sources in preparation for deeper analysis
- Organize the data you’ve collected into reliable intel that informs Rioters about areas where we can improve the player experience
- Report into the Insights Manager for the central Esports team
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 5+ years professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Knowledgeable in SQL, Python, or any other programming language
- Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint, or Tableau
- Graduate degree preferred or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Experience working across digital analytics and finance related analyses preferred
- Experience working in media, entertainment, or sports a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and making decisions that focus on the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games or esports. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).