Senior UX Designer - Intranet
As a User Experience Designer at Riot, you’ll be responsible for the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
As a designer within the Riot Intranet Products Intranet team, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on Rioter experience, faster time to productivity and passion for helping other Rioters. With guidance from a team of dedicated engineers, you will be the lead designer on the majority of the internal tools that make up the Intranet product which all Rioters will be using on a daily basis. The intranet is an online portal that hosts tools including knowledge management, team profiles, product groups, and more. You will be tasked with designing the overall architecture of this product, as well as creating the visual interface
Riot is quickly maturing as a company. In an effort to provide a clearer direction on Riot’s internal operations, the Intranet team is creating a scalable internal digital ecosystem. The Intranet team is working to build systems that accommodate Rioters, and facilitate knowledge sharing and cross team collaboration. We hope that both new and seasoned Rioters can be as efficient and well-informed as possible when delivering value to players. In achieving this goal, you will be leading the overall design and information architecture of the products within the Intranet, as well as creating a visual interface that’s playful, intuitive, and enjoyable for Rioters to use.
- Collaborate with your team to design products and features for Rioters
- Communicate your data-informed solutions and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate interaction design artifacts such as: journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes
- Work cross functionally to execute the creative vision and strategy for your initiative
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Implement flexible and scalable layouts
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a strong grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and Rioter behavior patterns
- 4+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience building corporate web portals
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, or Indesign)
- Prototyping software such as Adobe XD, Invision, Axure, etc.
- 6+ years experience in user experience design or interactive design
- B.A. in Visual Design, Interactive Design, User Experience Design, or a related field
- Experience building an Intranet
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)