Facilities Operations Manager - Workplace Experience
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
The Workplace Experience Team (WX) at Riot is just that, Rioters' experience in the workplace. We are a diverse group of disciplines focused with intent on how Rioters engage with our workspace that includes: Physical Security for our safety; Facilities Operations for our buildings, maintenance, food and Events programs for daily engagement; Media Systems for our collaboration, presentations, and entertainment and Occupancy Planning, to help us understand how we occupy our world, and ways to improve it.
As Facilities Operations Manager of our WX team, you will report to the Director of Workplace Experience, and will lead the team that provides 24/7/365 operational support for Riot Games’ 500K+ SQFT headquarters offices in Los Angeles. You will lead our maintenance and operations projects, manage annual service contracts, and handle the development of work orders assigned to the Facilities Team. The Facilities Operations Manager handles delegation and tracking of work to team members and provides hands-on support for physical repairs, events, and moves. Your work will routinely work with landlords and building engineers to manage the upkeep of our spaces and grounds, and, maintain major building systems.
- Plan work within Riot spaces to align with team schedules, major events, and holidays.
- Manage campus-wide routine repair and improvement work - such as preventative maintenance, painting, periodic cleaning, power washing, and carpet cleaning.
- Communicate project goals, milestones, and updates to Rioters, Property Management, and vendors to ensure expectations are understood and goals are met.
- Manage a team that oversees assets in on-site storage, including furniture, large-scale deliveries, and an array of miscellaneous equipment.
- Create scopes of work for major move projects, conducts RFPs with move companies to assure the best value, manages submission of POs, and works with accounting to monitor PO burn rates for external move labor.
- Collaborate with the Workplace Experience Partners to intake projects and discuss options for solutions to Rioter needs/asks
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Background leading a team and developing people
- Experience managing multiple projects, vendors and resources
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Knowledge of Facilities software systems such as lighting control, HVAC controls, IWMS tools, CMMS systems, etc.
- Past experience with work order management systems
- BA, BS preferred
- Licenses/certifications (such as hardware, software, special skills): FMP, CFM
- Ability to travel (%): <10% (rarely)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.