Our Payroll team is one of the core facets of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Rioters are compensated predictably, timely and accurately. We aim to design and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. Our discipline contains experts from fields like tax and treasury, travel and purchasing, FP&A, and more. If we’re not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge.
As Payroll Specialist, you will play a crucial role in the processing and managing of our payroll, ensuring all hours, benefits, and deductions are logged correctly and consistently. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will assist other members of the team as needed by providing payroll reports or other data to detail the wages and labor costs to the company. Your keen-eye will uncover any discrepancies through regular audits and we will look for your expertise to suggest necessary process improvements.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for both exempt and non-exempt Rioters, including tracking time and attendance
- Build audits and checklists to ensure payroll data is entered correctly every pay period
- Handle tax and withholding deductions for all federal, state, local or other corporate taxes that affect payroll amounts
- Support the full Rioter lifecycle, whether that’s making changes to post on-boarding documents such as W-4’s, or processing final pay for Rioters leaving the game
- Answer questions regarding paychecks, withholding tax issues or wage adjustments
- Troubleshoot issues or discrepancies with pay
- Help coordinate, audit, and produce annual W-2’s
- Collaborate with other teams including Accounting, Treasury, and Talent Operations
- At least 3+ years of experience as a payroll specialist
- Experience with Payroll systems (ADP WorkForce Now, Workday, and Replicon is a plus)
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
- Deep understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll standard methodologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.